Division III NATPA Pulling Rules
Tractors 1957 and older or production models that started in 1957
1. General Rules – See general rules that apply to all tractors.
2. Age: Drivers must be 14 years of age or older. Those under 18 years of age must have written parental/guardian permission.
3. Safety: All tractors must have a working safety kill switch.
4. HITCHES - Minimum 18" back from the center of the rear axle and a maximum of 20" drawbar height. Hitch material cannot be thinner than 3/4" and not thicker than 1.25". Hitch has to have a 3.5" hole with 1" material thickness around the hole or a straight clevis bolted or pinned tightly to the drawbar with a minimum of 3.5" hole. Top of hitch adjuster cannot be above center line of axle or hub. Hitches and drawbars must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be easily accessible (sled operator's discretion).
5. Weights: Weights must not extend rearward beyond rear tires and cannot be more than 11 feet from the center of the rear axle to the furthest point forward.
6. Tires and Rims: Maximum tire size - 18.4 X 38; any rim width. No radial tires. No steel wheels. Two wheel drive only. No duals. Any cut allowed on tires.
7. RPM's: RPM's allowed will be determined by the NATPA RPM Chart. Any tractor not listed will use manufacturer's data. A 10% margin of error will be permitted. All tractors to have positive throttle stops with a working governor in the stock location.
8. Speed: Any gear, speed limit is 3.5 MPH, to be checked by radar. No shifting of TA's. One beep after flag/cone will result in disqualification. The marker for Div III speed will also be used as the mark to stop the tractor if driver wishes to restart pull.
9. Tractors manufactured to use diesel fuel only cannot be converted to gas or LP. Tractors must be naturally aspirated. No turbos or blowers - except Oliver 99GM, etc.
10. Tractors must have the stock engine, frames, transmission, rear end and axle housings or manufacturer's replacement for make and model of tractor being pulled . Stock heads and their replacements are to remain unchanged in outside appearance. No 7 bolt main blocks in Oliver's; no (12) port heads; no 99 heads; no 1600 series heads. AC - WC/WD/WD45 can use D-17 engine; IH - H, 350; M, 450. JD - A/B/G can use power blocks. No M-M 800 heads or blocks. Dual exhaust not allowed except after stock manifold.
11. Enhanced electrical systems permitted in all classes. Rev limiters allowed.
12. Replacement carburetors with no modification of carburetor or manifold. Overhang of carburetor to manifold is not allowed. Only stock appearing manifolds are allowed.
13. No increased height in any tractors (ie: deck plates, shims, girdles) except for stock gasket.
* 3250 This division will consist of the following tractors.
AC-B, AC-C, Case VAC, IHC F-12, IHC F-14, IHC-B, IHC-C, JD-B 1938 Unstyled and Oliver 60.
AC-CA, Cockshutt 20, Ferguson TE-20, Ferguson TO-35, Ford NAA, Ford-600, Intercontinental C-26, IHC Super-C, IHC 200, IHC 230, JD-B Styled, Long A, MH 101-JR, MH-22, MM-R and MM-335